His Majesty King Mohammed VI, Commander of the Faithful, may Allah assist Him, accompanied by HRH Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan, HRH Prince Moulay Rachid, and HH Prince Moulay Ahmed, chaired a ceremony of allegiance, on July 31 at the Mechouar Square in the Royal Palace of Tetouan, in celebration of the 24th anniversary of the Sovereign’s accession to the throne of His glorious Ancestors.
During this ceremony, Minister of Interior, Abdelouafi Laftit, Walis and Governors of the Kingdom’s wilayas, prefectures, and provinces, and Walis and Governors of the Ministry of Interior’s Central Administration swore allegiance to the Commander of the Faithful.
His Majesty the King then reviewed the delegations representing the several regions, prefectures, and provinces of the Kingdom, which gathered to renew their allegiance to the Commander of the Faithful, may Allah preserve Him.
The delegations represented the following regions:
- Dakhla-Oued Eddahab (Oued Eddahab and Aousserd).
- Laayoune-Sakia El Hamra (Laayoune, Boujdour, Tarfaya and Smara)
- Guelmim-Oued Noun (Guelmim, Assa-Zag, Tan-Tan, Sidi Ifni)
- Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima (Tangier-Asilah, M’diq-Fnideq, Tetouan, Fahs-Anjra, Larache, Al Hoceima, Chefchaouen and Ouezzane).
- The Oriental (Oujda-Angad, Nador, Driouch, Jerada, Berkane, Taourirt, Guercif and Figuig).
- Fez-Meknes (Fez, Meknes, El Hajeb, Ifrane, Moulay Yacoub, Sefrou, Boulemane, Taounate and Taza).
- Rabat-Salé-Kenitra (Rabat, Salé, Skhirate-Temara, Kenitra, Khemisset, Sidi Kacem and Sidi Slimane).
- Beni Mellal-Khenifra (Beni Mellal, Azilal, Fquih Bensaleh, Khenifra and Khouribga).
- Casablanca-Settat (Casablanca, Casablanca-Anfa, Al Fida-Mers Sultan, Ain Sbaa-Al Hay Al Mohammadi, Hay Hassani, Ain Chock, Sidi Bernoussi, Ben M’Sik, Moulay Rachid, Mohammedia, El Jadida, Nouaceur, Mediouna, Benslimane, Berrechid, Settat and Sidi Bennour).
- Marrakech-Safi (Marrakech, Chichaoua, Al Haouz, El Kelaa des Sraghna, Essaouira, Rhamna, Safi and Youssoufia).
- Draa-Tafilalet (Errachidia, Ouarzazate, Midelt, Tinghir and Zagora).
- Souss-Massa (Agadir Ida-Outanane, Inzegane Aït Melloul, Chtouka Aït Baha, Taroudant, Tiznit and Tata).
The ceremony, which reflects the authenticity of the Moroccan people and their unwavering attachment to the glorious Alaouite throne, closed with a five-gun salute as the Sovereign waved in response to cheers from representatives of the Kingdom’s different regions.
The allegiance ceremony, which crowns the celebrations of the 24th anniversary of the enthronement of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may Allah preserve Him, is an opportunity for representatives of the Kingdom’s twelve regions to reiterate their commitment to the Sovereign’s August Person, and affirm that the bond between the Throne and the People is deeply rooted in the country’s history, and has always been the foundation of the Moroccan Nation, and the supreme expression of its solidity and durability.
This ceremony was also attended by the Head of Government, Aziz Akhannouch, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rachid Talbi Alami, and Speaker of the House of Councilors, Enaam Mayara, His Majesty the King’s advisors, government officials, Presidents of constitutional bodies, Senior Officers of the General Staff of the Royal Armed Forces (FAR), and members of the diplomatic corps accredited to Morocco.