Vahid Halilhodzic, professional Football manager and the head coach of the Moroccan team, unveiled on Thursday, the list of players selected for the next three matches of the Atlas Lions against Guinea Bissau (Matchday 3 and 4) and Guinea Conakry for (Matchday 2) of group 1 of the African qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
According to a statement published by the Royal Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF), the national team will encounter Guinea Bissau on October 6 and 9, respectively, in Rabat and Casablanca, before facing the Guinean selection which will take place on October 12 in Rabat.
- The following is the list of selected players:
- Goalkeepers: Yassine Bounou (Sevilla FC), Mounir El Kajoui (Hatayspor), Anas Zniti (Raja Casablanca) and Sami Tlemcani (Chelsea FC).
- Defenders: Soufiane Chakla (Villareal), Samy Mmaee (Ferencváros TC), Ghanem Saïss (Wolverhampton), Nayef Aguerd (Stade Rennais), Achraf Hakimi (PSG), Ayoub El Amloud (Wydad Casablanca), Soufian El Karouani (NEC Nijmegen) and Adam Massina (Watford).
- Midfielders: Fayçal Fajr (Sivasspor), Soufiane Amrabat (Fiorentina), Aymane Barkok (Frankfort), Abdou Harroui (FC Sassuolo), Slim Amallah (Standard de Liège), Ilias Chair (Quenns Park Rangers) and Imran Louza ( Watford).
- Forwards: Soufiane Boufal (Angers SCO), Achraf Bencharki (Zamalek), Munir Haddadi (Sevilla FC), Zakaria Boukhlal (AZ Alkmaar), Youssef En-Nesyri (Sevilla FC), Ryan Mmaee (Ferencvárosi TC), Ayoub El Kaabi (Hatayspor) and Soufiane Rahimi (Al-Ain FC).
By Nouhaila El Bouhli