The Moroccan women’s national football selection defeated its Namibian counterpart (2-0) in the first leg of the African qualifiers for the Olympic Games (Paris 2024), which took place on October 26 at the Marrakech Grand Stadium.
The Moroccan selection’s goals were scored by Nesryne El Chad (20’) and Anissa Lahmari (78’).
The Moroccan and Namibian selections will meet again in the second leg on October 31 at Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan Sports Complex in Rabat.
It should be recalled that in preparation for these two matches, the Moroccan Women’s National selection coach, Jorge Vilda Rodriguez, has scheduled a closed training camp at Mohammed VI Football Complex in Salé, starting from October 23 until October 31.
The list of summoned players includes:
- Khadija Er-Rmichi (AS FAR)
- Assia Zouhair (Chabab Mohammedia)
- Inès Arouaissa (Cannes – France)
- El Aarari Zineb (RS Berkane)
- Hanane Ait Lhaj (AS FAR)
- Nouhaila Benzina (AS FAR)
- Siham Boukhami (AS FAR)
- Ghizlane Chahiri (AS FAR)
- Yasmin M’Rabet (Levante – Spain)
- Sabah Seghir (Basel – Switzerland)
- Nesryne El Chad (Lilles – France)
- Zineb Redouani (AS FAR)
- Najat Badri (AS FAR)
- Ghizlane Chebbak (AS FAR)
- Sarah Kassi (Fleury – France)
- Élodie Nakkach (Servette Genève – Switzerland)
- Rosella Ayane (Tottenham – England)
- Kenza Chapelle (Strasbourg – France)
- Samia Hassani (Telstar – Netherlands)
- Ibtissam Jraïdi (Al-Ahli – Saudi Arabia)
- Yasmine Zouhair (Roma – Italy)
- Anissa Lahmari (Levante – Spain)
- Sanae Massoudi (AS FAR)
- Sakina Ouzraoui Diki (Anderlecht – Belgium)
- Sofia Bouftini (Chabab Mohammedia)
- Imane Saoud (Servette Genève – Switzerland)
- Fatima Tagnaout (AS FAR)
- Ines Kabida (Olympique Marseille – France)